B2B marketing has to be precise and to the point. B2B clients are influenced differently when it comes to search marketing. You have a comprehensive guide on SEO strategies, but it requires something more for successful SEO.
And that is a set of the best search engine optimization tools.
This article will talk about the seven favorite search engine optimization, free tools of B2B marketers with their prices (if any) and benefits.
But before that, let us know the importance of search engine optimization tools and their essential functions.
The Basic Functions of Trending SEO Tools
We know publishing and ranking content is a tedious job. But with such a competitive atmosphere, businesses have to do everything it takes to stay ahead in the race.
Solutions are developed only when there are challenges. Likewise, search engine optimization tools inform whether your SEO strategy is working out or not. In addition, you have access to information right from knowing about your keyword ranking to who visits your site and spends how much time on certain pages.
Search engine optimization free tools have unlimited offerings to determine your SEO strategy. But here is a list of the essential functions that SEO tools should perform.
Ensure that your Search engine optimization tools perform these functions, and the rest are bonuses! And if they don’t perform any of these, go through our list, and you can implement the SEO tools we find best for B2B marketers.
Thus, the essential functions of SEO Optimization tools are
- Keyword Analysis: To provide keyword analysis based on your business, target audience, and competitors.
- Content Quality: To analyze content to stay ahead of competitors and to craft unique, specific, and helpful content.
- Backlinks Audit: To check the backlinks from and to your website while providing suggestions and competitors’ backlinks data.
- Domain: To check the strength and relevance of the URL and security of the domain.
- Ranking: To provide exact statistics of your website rankings and suggestions for improvements.
- Measure Traffic: To provide detailed analytics on the flow of visitors with their sources, behavior on the site, and the keywords they used.
- Social Media: To analyze data from social networks based on user behavior, keyword searches, and blog pages
Now that you know what the SEO tools should offer B2B marketers, here is the list of 7 Favorite SEO optimization tools.
7 Favorite Search Engine Optimization Tools of B2B Marketers
This list of best search engine optimization tools for B2B marketers is curated and enlisted based on their offerings for the success of the B2B SEO strategy. So take a look and implement any one tool or the combination of tools that best suits your business.
It is the most trending SEO tool for B2B marketers. It is an all-in-one marketing tool that focuses on keywords, competitor analysis, backlinks, etc.
SEMrush helps you track your business's the social media, content, SEM, and SEO features.
Benefits and Pricing of SEMrush
SEMrush is a favorite tool of B2B users as it has all the options to determine how, why, and where of your website behavior.
SEMrush has proven capability to enhance content marketing and improvise keyword research practices. Its USP is deep knowledge of keyword analysis, tracking keyword movement, and solid competitor research.
Here are some features of SEMrush
- Keyword analysis
- 360-degree competitor research
- Tools to analyze and improve off-page SEO
- Conducts technical SEO audits
- Analyze PPC strategy
- Schedule social media posts
The main features of SEMrush are free. All you have to do is create an account on their website. But they do have pro packages to provide you with helpful management tools and deeper search marketing analysis.
The packages start from US$ 119.95 /month. The variations of paid packages are pro, guru, and business. They have enlisted the add-ons and exact prices on their website for comparison. So you can avail the one that suits your business the best!
Uplift content struggled to grow brand awareness and divert organic traffic to its website.
With the help of SEMrush, Uplift reviewed the SEO performance of all of its website pages and optimized 75% of them based on insights from the analysis. As a result, it increased brand awareness, traffic, leads, and revenues.
“My theory is that people don’t sign up for your tool and then learn how to use it. My theory is that people first learn how to use your tools, and they sign up because they know how to use your tool.” - Tim Soulo, Head of Marketing at Ahrefs.
Ahrefs is one of the most trusted tools for search marketing by business owners and digital marketers. A survey by aira.net found that 70% of digital marketers use Ahrefs as a link-building tool. It provides more than keyword analysis, backward link predictions, and varied content ideas. Once you register your website on this site, you will have access to unlimited predictions and analysis to rank your business in the best possible way.
Benefits and Pricing of Ahrefs
You can implement this tool to analyze, monitor, and improve your website health. This tool provides an array of benefits and, most of them are free.
This tool performs:
- Keyword research
- Complete competitor analysis
- Backlink research and suggestions
- Content audit and research
- Tracking of web page ranking
- Tracking of backlinks
- Gains and losses of backlinks
Ahrefs provides all the necessary checks in the free version. But the paid version gives you access to upgraded features. So once you know how to utilize this tool for your business, you might upgrade it to the paid version. Their packages start from as low as US$99 and go up to US$ 999. These are named lite, standard, advanced, and agency. You can look at the features and then decide which one to incorporate.
Ubersuggest is an SEO tool that helps to generate new keywords. All you have to do is type in the keyword, and it will give you suggestions of all the long-tail keywords related to it. It also provides data insights about each keyword like monthly search volume, CPC, PPC, and competitor analysis.
Pricing and Benefits of Ubersuggest
The Ubersuggest keyword tool generates keywords of different types. These types are:
- Relatable keywords
- Keywords in the form of questions (does, how, where)
- Prepositional keywords (for, without, on)
- Comparative keywords (vs, or, and)
So basically, Ubersuggest
- Analyzes the overview of your keywords
- Informs how the keyword’s search volume has been trending
- Suggests the internal and backlinks links to your posts to rank better
- Provides content ideas and SERP overview
Ubersuggest provides keyword analysis features in the free version. But it also has three different plans. These are individuals at $12.00 per month, businesses at $20.00 per month, and agencies at $40.00 per month.
Moz is a “check my listing” tool. This tool helps you check how your site is performing on various search engines. All you have to do is enter your business name and postal code and check your listing. It immediately gives your listing score in percentage, and the closer you are to 100, the better you are performing.
Benefits and Pricing of Moz
Moz indefinitely measures your website performance and displays it to you. Once it performs the analysis, it also assists you with ideas that can help your site perform better.
It gives you a list of complete, incomplete, inconsistent, and duplicate tabs. These tabs particularly tell you about the excellent and poor things affecting your listings. Then there are links that you can click and make the required changes to rank better.
This tool provides the boost that your website requires. In addition, the accessible version of this tool gives you good insights into your website behavior.
The premium version of Moz starts from US$ 99/ month and ranges up to US$ 599/ month. The packages are divided into standard, medium, large, and premium. In addition, they have designed an easy-to-understand table for you to compare and decide the best plan for you.
Google Analytics is one SEO analysis tool wherein all your data is located centrally, and you can check, improve and edit it regularly. Moreover, when Google Analytics is used with the Google search console, the results of your website performance are presented more precisely. This tool has a paid and a free version. But marketers use the free version widely.
Google analytics tool analyses your website like no other tool in the market. It provides valuable insights for you to rank your business better.
Pricing and Benefits of Google Analytics
As the name suggests, Google Analytics provides all the analytics necessary for digital marketers. The free version gives such a deep insight into the site performances that one should avail the paid version only when they are well-versed with its use.
Google Analytics can be used to
- Improve SEO
- Remove spam traffic
- Get detailed analysis about organic and paid traffic
- Analyze each webpage based on the traffic they attract
- Get site content reports with detailed engagement metrics of each page
- Know what led to sales and conversions on the site
Google Analytics does not believe that one size fits all. So they do not have monthly or yearly subscription offers. Instead, they assign sales representatives to you, and you both analyze your business requirements and customize your package. Thus, you have a tailor-made package that includes your exclusively required features.
Google Search Console
Google search console provides in-depth insights about the technical aspects of the website. For example, what is the use of producing quality content, using correct keywords? What if your site does not attract any visitors?
Well, not to worry about these metrics when you have a google search console. The combination of google search console and google analytics is all you need to know about improving your site ranking and everything about it.
Benefits and Pricing of Google Search Console
“There are plenty of robust SEO analytics tools available today, but ultimately nothing beats a smart GA + GSC setup. Both tools with Google Sheets and Data Studio allow for endless analyses and visualization. Sure, you might need to do a bit of customization yourself, but why reinvent the wheel?” — Alex Williams, Head of Research and Reviews at Hosting Data.
Google search console is trusted and recommended by successful marketing heads. And that is because of the fantastic analysis it provides.
Some of its unique features include;
- Complete metrics on keywords ranking
- Complete knowledge of how your site appears on SERPs
- To identify pages that tend to lose organic traffic
- To identify sitemap issues and fix them correctly
- Knowledge of AMP, responsiveness, and mobile-friendliness of your site
- To identify broken links
Nobody can stop your site from ranking at the top, when you have all the technical aspects and quality content in place.
Google search console is a free tool that only requires the details of your site to provide analysis. It is the best free SEO tool for business owners, sales and marketing teams, site administrators, and web developers.
Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is the ultimate search engine optimization tool for technical and SEO audits. It will give out minor glitches on the site. However, there is no technical or on-page, off-page SEO that this tool will miss.
It takes a little longer but ensures that every little thing on your website is checked.
A beginner may find it challenging to grasp the work, but they provide an excellent learning video to understand the tool.
Pricing and Benefits of Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Screaming Frog SEO Spider ensures to run the best SEO and technical audit through the entire website.
It provides an in-depth analysis of
- Internal, external and broken links on any website
- All the technical files and their extensions are working properly
- Website pages that are not ranking or getting indexed
- Pages that are missing the analytics or tag manager tracking codes
It is a tool that gives you the best features if you go for the paid version. The free version does not provide an in-depth analysis like the paid ones. The price for the license of Screaming frog is £149.00 per year. No matter what the cost, it is pretty worth it.
How to Decide Which Tool Suits You the Best
Look at some of the stats that influence SEO before you decide which search engine optimization tool suits you the best.
- Aherfs stated that there are 90.63% of pages get no organic search traffic from Google.
- A Moz survey stated that most businesses spend more than US$ 5000 every month for SEO marketing.
- Think with Google claims that nearly 2 in 3 smartphone users buy from businesses that customize their sites according to location.
- Google states that 39% of its users are influenced by related searches.
- SEMRush states that 53% of digital marketers consider that guest posting is the most effective link-building strategy.
Some businesses survive solely on SEO marketing and are doing well.
For example, Hydroworkx, a company that develops hydrotherapy pools, increased their organic form submissions by 131% by using the right SEO practices.
So here are a few things to keep in mind before deciding which SEO tool suits you the best.
The tool should be able to
- Evaluate your linked pages/websites
- Determine overall site health
- Assess technical health
- Check if the site meets industry standards
- Provides in-depth competitor analysis
- Produces valuable reports and dashboards relating to SEO
- Monitor search performances
- Determine best and worst-performing keywords
- Provide insights into the latest marketing trends
- Provide top-notch assistance to boost rankings
Thus, let your businesses soar to great heights when these search engine optimization tools act as your wings!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the best SEO tools for B2B marketing?
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider
What is the best SEO strategy for B2B businesses?
The best SEO strategy for B2B businesses is to have an in-depth understanding of your targeted accounts. Then, post that, perform extensive keyword research, optimize website pages, and build quality content. And post that, use SEO tools to improve your website ranking and optimize it correctly.
Are there different SEO tools for B2B and B2C?
Search engines have the same algorithms to rank websites on SERPs, irrespective of whom they are targeting. Hence, SEO audits of B2B or B2C can use the same tools. Although the strategy might differ, the audit process remains the same.