2019 has been a remarkable year for webinar marketing. B2B marketers utilized webinar tools extensively to deliver great webinars that helped them gain leads. But most have experienced fewer attendees and lesser engagement than expected from their audience. Although webinars are a great way to generate high-quality leads from your audience, marketers fall short on a number of factors that could otherwise turn around the whole equation for their business.
In 2020, webinars will form an integral part of B2B marketing plans. Getting the right content to discuss and talk about with your audience, having great subject matter experts on board, and fixing the right day and time are all good. You can’t go wrong on the basics. But there are a few other lesser known elements that are seldom paid attention for converting webinar leads into a strong sales pipeline. Let’s look at the essentials you need to consider before, during, and after (BDA) a webinar to ensure those high-quality leads become your customers. DECK 7’s BDA strategy for webinar lead conversion helps you prepare for the webinar well in advance and take necessary steps to convert your leads into customers.
Before the Webinar – Attract Leads
- Make sure you have good-quality equipment for audio and video recording of your webinar. The platform must be easy to use and have adequate features to help you navigate. Your webcam and computer must be webinar-ready too!
- Send the first email informing your audience about the webinar one month in advance.
- Follow-up regularly giving your audience more details and information, webinar-related content and specifics.
- A day before the webinar, send a reminder.
- A final one goes 10-15 minutes before the webinar starts.
Count well on these, as it will set you right for the attendees that pour in, many of who are hot leads.
During the Webinar – Engage Leads
- Instead of waiting till the end, add intermittent questions for more engagement. Use digital whiteboards to draw out your ideas or frameworks.
- Never ever forget to poll your audience. That is where you get their clear intent. Be creative in framing your poll questions. Understanding what you want to know from your audience can be a good first step to creating your questions.
- Keep the poll choices simple, clear, and easy for you to understand their real intent.
- Give an opportunity to the sales reps to join the webinar so that they get a firsthand know-how of the audience and their critical requirements which will help target them better later.
- Address the attendees with their first name.
After the Webinar – Nurture Leads
- Send an email within 24 hours after the webinar thanking the attendee and soliciting audience feedback through a survey.
- The sales team can in turn target the attendees by sending them the recording and slides of the webinar.
- Retarget your audience through ads and campaigns.
- Engage with the leads by sending them follow-up emails attaching some learning materials and giving a clear call to action.
- Be responsive in communication and nurture the leads till they convert.
The BDA strategy will immensely help you in getting high-quality sales leads that will fill your pipeline. You can even create a blog post about the webinar to sustain lead generation. To know more about the strategy, connect with a DECK 7 expert today!