Talking about successful marketing strategies, do you know email marketing consistently ranks as one of the best tactics to reach your ultimate marketing goals?
The world today is dominated by social media and mobile, where an Email marketing campaign is not a new thing. Yet, there is no denial of the fact that still, it is one of the most effective channels for any business organisation to drive more leads and grow their customer base. The reason?
"Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches – at scale." David Newman Tweet This!
It’s true that email marketing went through a slow time in the last decades, where it received a bad reputation, a lot of experts proclaimed that email is dead and dying, but when you look at the numbers you will find that email is actually growing in acceptance as more and more email accounts are being created. Because of technology, the reliance upon the medium and how people use emails, it has been observed that email is far from being dead. In fact, it has become a vital link to provide business information in a more personalized way and also, to generate leads at a reasonable cost. Undoubtedly, the benefits of email marketing in 2020 will become paramount and this will ultimately generate a high amount of traffic to your website resulting in higher revenues.
Some latest must-know stats on email marketing to understand why it’s worth the investment:
- There are over 3.7 billion email users in the world currently, which means the projected number of users by 2021 is 4.1 billion. - (Statista)
- It’s predicted that the United States will spend over 350 million dollars on email advertising in 2019. (Statista)
- 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI. (Emma)
- 72% of people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. (MarketingSherpa)
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. (McKinsey)
- 58% of adults who check their email first thing in the morning. – (Customer Intelligence)
- 89% of marketers say email serves as their primary channel for lead generation. – (Mailgen)
- Personalized emails deliver 6 times higher transaction rates. – (Experian)
- 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement. – (eConsultancy)
- 78%: The number of marketers who say that list segmentation is the marketing automation feature they can’t live without. (Gleanster)
- An introductory email that includes a video receives an increase in click-through rate by 96%. – (GetResponse)
- Transactional emails produce an average open rate of 72% and a click-through rate of 30%. – (IBM)
The advantages of email marketing are a lot more than the above facts have displayed. It has been a tried-and-tested method for generating leads.
In 2020, it’s your chance to give your email programs a restart with efforts on innovation and creativity to keep pace with demanding customers. With the disruption of AI in this digital age, it's important for marketers to leverage new technologies and tactics to continue to push the boundaries. According to recent studies regarding the future of email marketing, email programs will become even more personalized and more interactive. But how to achieve these lofty marketing goals? What’s the hook? What email should be sent that makes customers hit the inbox?
KEY TRENDS FOR FUTURE-ORIENTED EMAIL MARKETING PRACTICES
Personalized use of email programs will be the key
The use of data is now becoming less creepy, as a marketer you should practice to use more data in a deliberate way for personalization in content execution. It will assist you in putting your clients into records in light of client socioeconomic preferences, and other rich information about your existing and potential customers.
Optimizing campaigns for mobile is a must
As a marketer, when it comes to content optimization for mobile, it’s really important to know your audience. Know the makeup of your mobile audience, which will allow you to deploy more cutting-edge tactics to increase engagement. According to Litmus report, 54% of adults spend almost three hours on their smartphone every day toggling between apps and reading emails. So, take advantage of this trend to push subscribers over the edge.
Revolve around the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Future trends in email marketing will be all about the effective use of Artificial Intelligence. With their capacity to track singular client conduct, it can send customized emails and hence can help brands associate with their clients on a more individual level and connect with them the correct way that can eventually help support ROI. AI-powered tools such as Chatbots, Siri, all are additionally changing the way of email advertising in a cost-effective manner.
Utilization of interactive content to increase interaction
The utilization of Interactive content for email is one of the most important future trends in email marketing. Emails that contain games, quizzes, image carousels, gif, and visuals are going to keep the beneficiaries locked in. The use of interactive content can help boost sales for the brands that embrace interactivity.
Loyalty programs to collect customer data
Marketers are already clutching the loyalty programs in 2019, and in the coming years, it is going to be much more sophisticated. With the use of loyalty programs, you can collect customer data and better understand customer behavior. This will allow you to reach loyal customers with better personalization and acquire new customers of the same characteristics.
Marketing is in a state of evolution and so does the technology, driven by consumer expectations for better experiences. But one thing remains the same in this digital genre --- emails. They’re here to stay! No doubt, the benefits of email marketing in the coming years will be going much higher resulting in higher revenues.